Sunday, January 23, 2011

Loneliness

There is this loneliness that fills my heart with pain.
Knowing that you're out there.
Not caring, not sharing knowing that I'm waiting.
To hear a word from you.
Birthdays come, and holidays.
And still I wait in vain
For just a card or phone call to say I know you're here.
This loneliness that fills me.
Can be gently washed away.
Just pick the phone and call me.
To let me know you are ok.
I call you on the phone myself
It rings and rings and rings.
But still I sit here waiting.
In the loneliness of pain.
You say it is a two way street.
That I can call you too.
But I do and still no answer
And still no word form you.
I'm just your Mom, I know this,
And you're grown and on your own
But still a wonder and worry
That life is going well for you.
So please don't forget me.
Please do leave me here alone.
Just pick up a card or phone me
To let me know you're still ok.
1/23/2011
Barbara Bourst Barnett

No comments:

Post a Comment