Tuesday, March 22, 2011

FELICIA

How do you describe that moment in your life when you have your first Grandchild? It's a moment in time that stands out, more grands come but that first one is so special, It brings back the time when I held my new son Thomas for the first time. There are no words to describe that feeling, such overwhelming love. We call it bonding but it is so much more. On Oct 2, 1998 Felicia Marie Edwards was born to Jennifer Laverne Bither and Larry Darnell Edwards. And whe I held that little bundle in my arms she was mine form then on. Gramma's first grandchild.
That memory is in my heart for all eternity and so is the greatest loss I've experienced. That of losing that first Grandchild on May 5, 2007. It was late I was in bed when the phone rang. My son Richard said mom Fe's gone, I said don't joke about a thing like that. Mom Fe was killed today and I lost it. She was only 15 years old. She was a bubbly energetic child who became her mamma's right arm. She took care of her Brother and sisters while mom was at school. She did what she was asked and she did a good job. But now she's gone from us until such time as we see her in heaven again. This year on May 5th, 2011 marks four years she's been gone but it feels like yesterday I got the news. She would have graduated this year She would be 19 now. Do I hate the people her caused her death, No but I do hate the cover up that was done. Do I forgive the drivers who were responsible, yes, because I must, that is what Jesus said.
So in one month and 13 days marks the 4th year of our loss.
I will always think of her, I will always sing her "Sunshine song." And only for her. I will always miss her.
I love you Fe. Gramma love you very much.

1 comment:

  1. thinking of you this day...knowing it is so hard yet knowing you trust if God to heal the hurt....hugs

    ReplyDelete