Tuesday, August 14, 2012

LIFE IN GENERAL

Sometimes it seems that life in general sends us to many curve balls.  Many of our own making and I seem to have way to many curve balls in my life.
Over the past years I have learned many things about myself, in a way many things I've learned have come to late in life to change althought I will strive to make things right.
In many of my posts; many that I have re-read are not what I really wanted.  I wanted this blog to be Positive and uplifting and some of them are.  But I find that many are just plain negative.
In my last post positve in that I established my trust in God to take care of my precious Granddaughter Clara Jo which he did. And for which I am very greatful  She came throught her surgery with flying colors and is back to being her happy little self.  But it comes at a cost as all things do in life.  But not insurmountable costs.
I have five children: 2 sons and 3 daugthers.  Plus I have 2 stepsons and 1 stepdaughter plus all the spouses of each and all the grands.  Each one a blessing and a curse in their own rights but more blessings the curses.  Curses only in that I hear so very little from them but that is part of life.
And life is so very short and it is shorter in some families then in others. 
I recents months mortalityhas been brought home to me, in Clara Jos health scare and in the loss of an Uncle by marriage, and the loss of my sisiter-in-laws, mother-in-law.  Life is to short to harbor any missgivings and is also to short not to show how much we mean to each other.  Yes we each have our own separate lives but not to the exclusion of those who are our family members.
At 58, I should have something to show for my life,  oh I am not speaking of possessions but of accomplishments.
When I graduated high school 40 years ago I wanted to go to college and get a degree in education, instead I got married to a man a perfect stranger really and had 5 children thousands of  miles from my home with only a sister for advice and I did not get that advice from her.  But I did make a life for myself and I had those 5 beautiful children that are all special and wonderful gifts that brought purpose to my life.  But they are all grown and are all strong independant adults with familes of their own.  When I left home I had big ideals of being a strong Christian but I fell  flat there.  Yes I served the lord, I taught Sunday school, chilrdens church and was active in many aspects of the church but did I ever win anyone to the Lord.  Many would say that (you planted the seed that may have lead one day to salvation,)  but is that enough.
I know that I felled in my actions as a christian when I divorced my first and second husband,  and in making a third marriage.  But does that and should that condemn me to a life in hell or is it the guilt I carry and not trying to win said 1st husband to God and staying married.  Although Tom died a few years after the divorce was I wrong in divorcing him soully because he was an alcoholic.
Like I said life throws us many curve balls and we are many times the insturaments that throw them. I could go on ad on with this theme but Life in general is a result of the choices we have made ourselves and it is through  forgiveness of God that we can at least attempt to correct those mistakes if we but heed the chances God gives us to make those changes.  I for one want to make those corrections hoping that our father in heaven gives me the time to make them.
Until then any who read this may you too have the time to make the changes to your life if you think you need to.  Life in general is too short to have regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment