Sunday, August 19, 2012

TO BE BAPTIZED OR NOT

Today I had an interesting talk with Glen about being baptized.  He feels its not necessary and that it is just a show. That he believes that Jesus is his Savior in his heart.  He feels that once he is baptized he has to give up all his vises at once and that being the "selfish" man that he is , he's not ready to do that.
I showed him scripture where it is a command to be baptized.  And that God dosen't expect us to be perfect right from the start.  I told him that God forgives us even if we fall down.  I told him that we are like a baby learning to take his first steps.  He falls down many times before he can begin to run and that is what being a "New Christian is like."  We will have times when we fall down but God is there to reach out his hand to help us stand by forgiving us each time we fall.  I backed all I said with scripture and I told him just how much God loves us.  I even quoted my favorite passage that all know.  John 3:16  but I also quoted the scripture that follows,  The God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might live.  I truely Love the Lord.  He is an awesome God and he is a true loving parent.  In that he wants to be there for all who believe in him.  While my life does not always reflect what God means to me.  He is the center of my world.  In Joshua it says.(As for me and my house We will serve the Lord)  I truely believe that.  This house will serve God.  He is the center foundation upon which I will build.

No comments:

Post a Comment